- “The Life & Times of a Reproducible Clinical Project in R.” Invited talk at R/Medicine, September, New Haven, CT. Slides; GitHub (includes source for slides).
Reproducible research tools & strategies in R + an intro to rOpenSci.
- “Analyzing Summary Variables in the Presence of Partially Missing Longitudinal Data.” Talk at Joint Statistical Meetings, July, Vancouver, BC. Slides, GitHub.
Exploration of methods for handling partial missingness in a summarized exposure variable.
- Workshops at Osaka City University, June:
- Intro to the
purrrpackage, R-Ladies Nashville meetup, November 13. Slides, data, and an R notebook with a full example are on GitHub.
Also given at Axial Healthcare’s R&D journal club and R-Ladies Louisville’s inaugural meetup, April 2018.
- Handling bias from missing data, American Delirium Society Conference, June 6. Slides and simulation code are on GitHub.
- Civic data wrangling in R and on data.world, May 31. Recap of the process and code for creating a Shiny dashboard using Medicare drug spending data, written in collaboration with data.world.
This Data for Democracy project was named one of data.world’s top 10 projects of 2017.